Search The Sanctuary of Saints Page

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Pope and Dominic

Hey guys. I just wanted to share this little story with you guys. As you know the pope celebrates Easter Mass in the vatican every year. Well this year was special. After the pope made his usual rounds in his popemobile -- (armored glass car that he travels in) -- he got out of his car on the walk through the seating area and pick up a young boy - around eight years old whose name is Dominic. The interesting thing about Dominic was that he has cerebral palsy, and is from Rhode Island. The pope picked up the young boy and gave him a long hug and kissed him, which is unusual for a pope to do because they usually just do a hand brush blessing over children if they even touch anyone in the first place. In an essay by the father of the boy who was touched says that he is keeping to his pontificate because he is not just devoted to the poor, he is devoted to the least of us people in every way. I thought this story was great and really made me feel good about myself being a jesuit, because the pope is a jesuit himself and made me proud to be who I am religiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment