Search The Sanctuary of Saints Page

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ronald Davis Story

In this video that is just now gaining viral attention, I was very moved. I saw this man, Ronald Davis, and saw a man hurt by luck and bad circumstances and then cast aside because of it. I see him and all I think is what I can do to help him. Ronald is a homeless man living day to day from the money he earns off his begging on the streets. Even if you just look at him you can think and know that he is an honest man just trying to make a living and just trying to get a decent meal, and shelter to stay in. It made me even more sad to hear what some people would say to him. They would call him a bum when, if you had listened to him is not. He also said that even though your having a bad day, that doesn't mean you can just be mean to a person. I think we can all relate to this even by looking to the words and actions of Christ and seeing how he handled this situation. Even when he was crucified, he didn't spit back in their faces, he cal my ask for their forgiveness and wanted them all to do well just like Ronald.

From personal experience with working with the homeless, I can say his story is not unlike that of the homeless in Houston. I have worked on The Beacon, a homeless food distribution center in downtown, and seen the way some of the homeless people live. When I check people into the system sometimes I see that they are vets and others I see have been living literally on the streets for over 2 years and it breaks my heart. Just like Ronald said, I don't do anything detrimental to the homeless but do everything I can to help them. I think we can all do that. Just give a little of our time each month to helping people like Ronald can go along way, and personally I think that is what we should all do.

Here is the link to the video itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AusCA28efa0&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment