Search The Sanctuary of Saints Page

Friday, May 3, 2013

Women Priests


    • Hey guys. Today I want to talk about a sort of controversial topic, women priests. In Kentucky there is a woman who was ordained a priest. She believes to be under the authority of the church, but she is not. The church teaches that only men can be priests and no one else. Former Pope Benidict reaffirmed the statement and threatened other priest’s orders and excommunication if they were to ordain a woman priest. This woman, Smead, said that she is not scared of excommunication and is going to preahc regadless of what the church says. I think that this is wrong, I’m one for equaltiy for all but if the church says it is against its teachings then I say it is wrong as well. I leave this one up for discussion. If you want to read the article for yourself here is the link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/28/us-usa-religion-womenpriests-idUSBRE93Q0EE20130428.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment